Don’t let your audience feel the pinch!
WHY IT MAKES SENSE TO CONTINUE TO OFFER INCENTIVES…
Let’s be honest it’s all been a little bit up and down over the past 12 months. I won’t bore you with Brexit, Trump, sterling falling etc. but in general for a large chunk of the population, times are getting a little tougher and may continue to for a few years until things settle down.
Whilst price promotions may help balance the bank on a weekly basis and improve sales on a small scale, offering an aspirational travel prize or incentive to your customers or staff is sure to make a difference to sales, staff morale etc.
Essentially you’re giving someone the opportunity to still enjoy one of life’s little luxuries, still offering the chance for people to create memories and dream a little bit, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
According to ABTA’s travel trends report, 86% of the population took a holiday in 2016, and overseas travel grew in popularity. So whilst travel prizes and incentives have always been popular, the general opinion is that offering your target audience one of these rewards will be the perfect driver for your activity.
And the best bit? You can offer a host of aspirational prizes for any demographic, for almost any budget. I am not going to pretend that we don’t wish every client had a huge budget, however with our experience, network of suppliers and creativity you’ll be delighted with what can be offered, and so will your target audience.
Things to bear in mind:
- You don’t need to offer a trip to the other side of the world to make a travel incentive exciting. Europe and the UK has some exceptional hotels and activities that work for lower budgets, whilst still being effective.
- If your brand isn’t family focussed, you can restrict travel to outside of the school holidays, you’ll be amazed how far your budget can get you.
- Remember, that an activity that doesn’t cost the earth can give you a great headline and a higher perceived value, maximising budget.
- Think about the content of your incentive i.e. what’s included. This is especially important for on pack promotions where you may not have a huge amount of space to highlight the prize content. Don’t include things unless you can really shout about them at the point of promotion.
- With our winner management service, we will provide you with post incentive testimonials which (with permission) you can use to maximise your ROI. Bring the activity to life on social media using a very happy “real life” winner.
- Cloud Nine and the team have been doing this for a long time. Use our expertise to help get exactly what you want, we are an open and honest bunch.
So whether you’re working for a start up with limited budget, or a global titan, get in touch and let us help you with your next activity, call the team on 0845 121 8765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org